Packaging personnel should always wear gloves while handling
Please click here to view new literature
on our Guidelines.
- Parts should be clean and free of fingerprints before wrapping.
- Package your clean products as quickly as possible.
- The unprinted side of Daubert Cromwell paper should face the metal.
- The metal part should be no more than 12" from the VCI product. The closer to the metal, the better the corrosion protection.
- As a general rule, use 1 sq. ft. of VCI for every 1-3 sq. ft. of metal surface. Use at least 1 sq. ft. of VCI for every cubic foot of void space.
- Use Daubert Cromwell to separate metal from acidic packing materials such as corrugated boxes and wooden pallets in order to prevent corrosion at the contact points.
- The duration of protection depends on the VCI paper and packing method used.
- Packages may be opened and resealed without affecting the corrosion protection. (Avoid touching metals during the inspection).
- Daubert Cromwell recommends inventorying no more than a six month supply of VCI papers or film.
- Store unused VCI in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Shade variations in the color of Daubert Cromwell papers are inherent and do not affect the length, quality or effectiveness of the corrosion protection.
- For best results, Daubert Cromwell recommends testing the VCI product for compatibility prior to use.